At Taylor Lumber, we produce all of our lumber from the highest-grade Appalachian forest logs, which lets us produce a quality of clarity and excellent grain. Our timber is hand selected from the forest by our highly skilled timber buyers, then processed on our state of the art sawmill to assure lumber quality meets our customers’ expectations. The lumber is hand graded and separated by grade value and length to help ensure log quality is producing valued lumber. The lumber is then Kiln dried using our unique drying process. Wood like any other national product, varies greatly in quality and appearance with the grades select & better and common we at Taylor Lumber World Wide strive to maintain consistent standards. Our grading specialists work hard to deliver quality products you can depend on.
* Wide widths available * Export Preparation
* Walnut, White Oak, Red Oak available in 4/4, 5/4, 6/4, 8/4
* 1.2 Million Feet in Kiln Capacity
* Lumber Production-27 Million Board Feet Annually
The art of quarter sawing provides a unique quality of lumber. The vertical grain produced in rift and Quarter sawn lumber is desired for its appearance and exceptional technical properties.
Rift & Quarter Sawn
* Expands and contracts vertically, while plain sawn expands and contracts horizontally.
* Wears evenly and is harder than plain sawn lumber.
* Increases the structural integrity of the wood.
* Is an excellent choice over radiant heat applications, due to its stability.
* Rift and Quarter Sawn: Red Oak, White Oak, Walnut.
* Plain Sawn: Ash, Red Oak, White Oak, Walnut.
Please contact our talented sales staff for more information and availability.
Director of Sales
Direct: (740) -259-3629
Phone: (740)-259-6222 Ext. 21249